Four arrested in Woodbridge machete attack
Prince William County police have arrested four people, including two juveniles, in connection with a machete attack on two teenagers in Woodbridge last week.
The two victims, an 18-year-old Woodbridge man and a 17-year-old Manassas resident, told investigators they were attacked by a group of people shortly before 2 p.m. Dec. 6 in the 4300 block of Whitmer Drive in Woodbridge.
The victims were stabbed and cut by attackers wielding machetes and other weapons, police said.
Investigators believe the attack was gang-related, and led to a retaliatory attack the next day at Garfield High School between one of the victims and one of the assailants. The assailant in the Dec. 6 attack suffered a broken nose in the Dec. 7 attack.
Police have charged four people in the Dec. 6 attack: 19-year-old Marco Arquimedes Quintanilla-Flores, who's charged with aggravated malicious wounding and gang participation; 19-year-old Leonel Antonia Gonzalez, who's charged with possession of a firearm by a convicted felon; and two juveniles, 16 and 17 years of age, who are both charged with aggravated malicious wounding and gang participation.
Police charged a 17-year-old Woodbridge resident with malicious wounding in the Dec. 7 attack at Garfield High School.
RecommendedRecent Facebook Activity
Best of TBD In case you missed it
Here's a visual look at the eight most delicious, disgusting meals in the country.
TBD Blogs What you need to read
The Market Report
@TBD On Foot
Only On 7
Now you can get customized weather right down to your street! Plan your day and week ahead with ABC7's Interactive 7-day forecast!