The best of D.C. sports in 2010 (POLL)
- The arrival of John Wall was one of the not-all-bad moments of the year in D.C. sports. (Photo: Associated Press)
Yesterday, the staff and hosts of TBD SportsTalk picked the 10 worst moments in D.C. sports from 2010. It was horribly depressing.
So it's probably time for a pick-me-up. Here are the best 10 moments of the year, and proof that we really did have some good times.
10. Cliff Tucker game-winner vs. Georgia Tech. It capped five lead changes in the final minute and gave UMD its most thrilling victory of the year.
9. DeAngleo Hall's four picks vs. Chicago. It stamped his ticket to the Pro Bowl and gave the Redskins what may be their signature win of the season.
8. Caps/Pens in HBO's 24/7. It gave fans a rare glimpse inside the locker room, and boosted the Caps' national profile.
6. DeAngelo Hall's fumble return vs. Dallas. Remember when the Redskins were 1-0, having beat the seemingly mighty Cowboys? Hall's remarkable strip of Tashard Choice at the end of the first half seemed to portend great things for the season.
5. Caps win President's Trophy. Though a postseason championship would probably be better, the regular season championship was pretty impressive itself.
4. Terps win ACC basketball championship. A 13-3 conference record (23-7 overall) gave them a share of the championship.
3. Brooks Laich changes a tire. No one was feeling good the night the Caps were eliminated from the playoffs, but Laich pulling over to help a stranded mother and daughter was very much a feel-good story.
2. Wizards win lottery, get John Wall. Hope is a precious commodity around here, and Wizards fans got a lot of it when the ping-pong ball bounced their way on that night in June.
1. Stephen Strasburg's debut. A performance better than anyone could have imagined in a packed ballpark made baseball feel important in D.C.
Honorable mention goes to the Terps winning the field hockey national championship, their fourth championship in six years.
Are we missing anything? And cast your own vote below.
RecommendedRecent Facebook Activity
Best of TBD In case you missed it
Here's a visual look at the eight most delicious, disgusting meals in the country.
TBD Blogs What you need to read
The Market Report
@TBD On Foot
Only On 7
Now you can get customized weather right down to your street! Plan your day and week ahead with ABC7's Interactive 7-day forecast!