- She's just using us. (Photo: Associated Press)
Veep, an HBO pilot featuring Julia Louis-Dreyfus, is indeed going to shoot in D.C. for a couple of days, but it's filming primarily in Baltimore, which "has less restrictions on shooting than Washington, DC, and it has a number of interiors and exteriors that can double for DC. At the same time, it gives us proximity to DC should we need to shoot there," HBO executive vice president Quentin Schaffer tells the Baltimore Sun. So, basically, the city pretends to be us, and then when they can't, they spend a day driving around the District with camera-mounted SUVs. Sweet.
• 25 gay movies you should see, according to Metro Weekly.
• Jonathan Franzen talked about cats as "killing machines" while in D.C.
• Mayor Vince Gray has a Sex in the City poster in his office?
• Here's a Post story about how the members of The Real Housewives of D.C. haven't cashed in on their middling fame. I'd tell you who wrote it, but, oddly, there's no byline. Perhaps it's like a Style-section editorial?
• Will former senator Chris Dodd become the next MPAA head? Will the Post continue to eschew bylines?