Happy Monday, Washington. Who wants to give your TBD Justice reporter a ticket to the Mizzou game this week? No one? FINE.
On to Blotter Blotter, after the jump.
• Hey, guess who is already in the news this week? It's our old friend Sulaimon Brown, D.C. Mayor Vince Gray's worst nightmare! And he keeps getting better and better.
When we left our hero, he was telling TBD about that time his bike got stolen during a meeting with the FBI. Could happen to anyone, right? WELL. Now WUSA says Brown went to trial to face an attempted murder charge in Illinois. Yikes. That is significantly more serious than a stolen Trek. He was acquitted by a jury. (WUSA)
• Authorities are offering a reward for information on a homicide and sexual assault that occurred at a Bethesda, Md., athletic apperal store.
Jayna Murray, 30, of Arlington, Va., was killed in the upscale Lululemon Athletica store on Friday night, authorities say. Her 27-year-old co-worker was reportedly sexually assaulted. She's expected to be released from a local hospital today.
A press conference about the case is scheduled for Monday afternoon. (AP, ABC7)
• A Guardian Angel (in training) got punched in the face on Saturday. (WTOP)
• Authorities believe a husband-and-wife team is behind several burglaries in Maryland.
Investigators have arrested 28-year-old Edward James Johnson and his wife, 27-year-old Robin Renee Johnson, in connection to the burglaries, which were reported in Marriotsville, West Friendship, and Cooksville.
The couple resides in Sykesville. (Washington Post Crime Scene blog)
• Madonna has an (alleged) stalker. (New York Daily News)
• Oh, this is fantastic. (Reuters)