Happy Tuesday! Welcome to Today’s Menu. Here's your daily food news roundup...
Additional details on restaurant openings announced yesterday
Yesterday, we wrote a one-liner about Smith Commons’ addition to the H Street Corridor this September. Lauren DeSantis, host and producer of Capital Cooking, wrote a lengthier post about the three-level bistro and its executive chef, Frederik De Pue Creates.
The owner behind Tunisian restaurant Chez Manelle is opening a no-frills hookah bar called Adams Corner in the Courthouse neighborhood of Arlington. The owner is also planning to reopen Moon of Lima, a Peruvian restaurant in Gaithersburg. More details here.
More details on the taqueria that the Masa 14 team is working on.
- Beau Thai opening at R Street and New Jersey Ave NW very soon.
- Brgr:Shack plans to open in Ballston.
- Nando’s Peri-Peri (South African chicken chain) will open a second area branch in downtown Silver Spring next month.
- Z-Pizza is coming to Penn Quarter.
- Fire Works Pizza opens Aug. 18 in Arlington.
- Teakwood (Thai cuisine and sushi) opening on 14th Street.
Food Truck News
Looks likes an empanada truck may be rolling into the D.C. metro area. The EmpanadaTruckDC tweeted that they “hope to go to D.C., Arlington, and either Silver Spring or Bethesda”.
No confirmation yet on when they plan to start serving, but apparently they are on schedule...
If you’re hungry for some street food, check out where the trucks are parked today at Food Truck Fiesta’s Food Truck Tracker. It's automatically updated every 60 seconds.
Write-ups and reviews from the food bloggers
- Elyse and Elliot of Capitol Bites check out We the Pizza.
- I Flip For Food writers Angela and Mark head over to Social with an entourage.
- Heather from Devouring DC goes to Ray’s Hell Burger.
- Lisa reviews Buddha Bar’s new wallet-friendly lunch menu for Dining in DC.
- Mary of Girl Meets Food leaves her gun at home and goes Italian at Floriana.
- Capitol Bites goes down by the river to Ray’s the Steaks.
- Mary of the Arugula Files give us five reasons to shop at the H Street Farmers Market.
- Jenna from EatMore DrinkMore heads to Bourbon Steak Bourbon Bar.
- Olga of Mango and Tomato dines at Birch & Barley.
- Amy from Clarendon Culture has a weekly commitment to Eleventh Street Lounge.
- Tammy, the Florida Girl in D.C., dishes the deals on Carmine’s happy hour and lunch specials.
- Claudia from Brunch and the City brunches at Firefly.
Happy Hour - Looking for last minute plans to imbibe? Check here...
- August 10 -- CRAVE DC Pre-Launch Happy Hour Party
- August 10 -- Acumen Happy Hour and Summer Fundraiser
- August 10 -- GreenDrinks DC Happy Hour
- Secret Dog Deal at Bourbon Steak (Thanks, Florida Girl in D.C.!)
- TGI Friday’s Buy One Entree, Get One Free
- Week of Wings - Best deals on wings each night of the week. (via the List)
Enjoy the rest of your day!