Good morning. Today is IHOP National Pancake Day.
If you’re a flapjack fan or a fan of free goods, head over to IHOP anytime between 7 a.m and 10 p.m. to receive a complimentary short stack. In return, the restaurant chain is asking diners to consider making a voluntary donation to Children's Miracle Network Hospitals. IHOP started National Pancake Day in 2006 to support local charities.
Looking for the closest IHOP?
Also free: Cupcakes
Chipotle’s Asian concept heading to Dupont
Earlier this month, Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc. registered the name ShopHouse Southeast Asian Kitchen with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, which may be the name of the company’s new fast-casual Asian concept. According to PoP, the company has signed a lease at 1516 Connecticut Ave. in Dupont Circle.
Last fall, the company announced plans to develop its new Asian concept, which would be similar in pricing and serving format to Chipotle. The new restaurants are expected to debut this summer.
Burger news: No Go Burger, Burger 7 opens
It appears that Go Burger’s plans to open a location at 1317 Connecticut Ave. NW in Dupont Circle have halted. PoP reports that the Go Burger sign that had been attached to the front window since last spring has been removed, and little construction for the space has been completed.
Burger 7 recently opened its doors for business in Falls Church. The new eatery, located at 7505 Leesburg Pike in the former Burrito Brothers location, features grass fed beef burgers, sliders, and hot dogs. The menu also offers fresh-cut Idaho potato fries and sweet potato fries cooked in olive oil. Shakes made with organic milk are also on the menu. Flavors include vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry. (h/t DonRockwell)
In other food and restaurant news...
• Harsh winter causing tomatoes to disappear from sandwiches. (TBD)
• Public Bar is opening a second location in Tenleytown. (WBJ)
• The Dock at Lansdowne in Leesburg has has closed. According to Northern Virginia Magazine, the owners are trying to renegotiate the lease with their landlord.
• Looking Glass Lounge will be featured in a student independent film project. (Park View, D.C.)
• 7-Eleven became the retailer with the most number of stores worldwide after it opened its 40,000th location. The Dallas-based convenience store chain opens a new location every three and a half hours. (CNN Money)
From TBD’s Community Network
Find a food truck...